This easy stuffed pepper soup recipe is a hearty and comforting soup, you’ll find all the flavors of stuffed bell peppers.
As with my classic Stuffed Peppers, this soup is made with basic ingredients such as ground beef, tomatoes, and rice. It’s a great recipe for a delicious, hearty soup everyone is sure to love.
It’s Soup Season and This is One of the Family Favorites
Stuffed peppers are a delicious dish that is often reserved for the dinner table. They can be time consuming to make, but here’s an easy recipe with all the tasty flavors you love without hours in the kitchen. This soup recipe will satisfy your craving for stuffed pepper flavor.
The recipe includes a list of ingredients that are easily found at the store and simple instructions for preparation. There’s no need to simmer all day. You can easily prepare this hearty peppers soup recipe in less than an hour.
Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup Recipe
A bowl of this soup is filled with so much goodness, it reminds me of the first time I tried this recipe. It was at the school cafeteria. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical at first, but it was love at first bite.
I had to go in search for the recipe for this delicious soup after my first bowl. This is one of the most comforting soup recipes and now one of my favorite soups.
Simple Ingredients in the Sweet Pepper Soup
This is a super easy one pot meal. Get out the soup pot and let’s get cooking.
- Olive Oil
- Ground Meat. I prefer to use a lean ground beef such as a ground chuck. However, ground chicken, or ground turkey would be a great substitute in this recipe.
- Tomato Soup
- Tomatoes, Diced. Fresh garden tomatoes can be used in place of this.
- Celery, Diced
- Onion, Diced. Yellow onion, white onion, or red onion word well for this recipe.
- Garlic, Minced. If you are out of fresh garlic, go ahead and substitute a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Sweet Peppers, can be green peppers, sweet red bell peppers, yellow peppers or even mini peppers
- Chicken Broth. If you do not have chicken broth, use a combination of chicken bouillon and water.
- Granulated Sugar
- Rice. White or brown rice can be used. Even if you have leftover rice or pre-cooked rice, that would work in this recipe.
How to Make Our Favorite Soup Recipe
In a large pot, add the olive oil and ground beef. Cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes until cooked through.
When the hamburger is cooked through, add the celery, onion, sweet peppers, and garlic. Cover and continue cooking on medium-high heat until the vegetables are cooked through, approximately another 10 minutes
Next add the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, granulated sugar, rice, salt, and pepper.
Add the additional water, cover, and bring to a boil. Once the rice is done, the soup is ready.
Enjoy this traditional stuffed peppers recipe in comforting soup form. If you like a bit of heat, go ahead and add a bit of red pepper flakes.
What to Do with Fresh Garden Produce
Are you wondering what to do with all those sweet peppers, celery, and onions from your garden? Here is a scrumptious recipe. This soup is great for the end of summer when your garden is bursting with peppers or anytime during cold and flu season.
Enjoy this hearty, healthy, and filling soup in less than an hour. Perfect for those busy nights.
Storing Sweet Green Pepper Soup
This soup is perfect for meal prepping. Once it cools down, place in individual containers so that it can stored and reheated easily. It will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. When ready to eat individual servings, just reheat in the microwave a few minutes.
Leftovers are a great way to have dinner on hand when you don’t feel like cooking. Place any leftovers into an airtight container before freezing. When you are ready to eat, just thaw and reheat.
What to Serve with Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed pepper soup is a delicious and filling dish, so it can easily stand on its own as a meal. However, if you want to add some dessert dishes here are our suggestions for the perfect pairing:
I’ve always loved crepes. You can stuff and top them with virtually anything, for a dessert pastry here are a few ideas for sweet fillings.
A light and refreshing dessert salad that is perfect for potlucks, backyard barbecues, and family reunions.
This glazed cherry butter cake is like fantastic moist buttery pound cake with a tart cherry filling and a hint of a sweet frosting to bring this all together.
Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pounds ground beef I prefer ground chuck
- 10 3/4 ounces tomato soup I can
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes I can, not drained
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 pound sweet peppers diced-can be green diced-can be green, red, yellow, or mini-peppers
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rice long-grain rice pre-cooked rice, or leftover rice
- 2-3 cups water
- In a large pot or large Dutch oven, add the olive oil and ground beef. Cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- When the hamburger is cooked through, add the celery, onion, sweet peppers, and garlic. Cover and continue cooking on medium-high heat until the vegetables are cooked through, approximately another 10 minutes
- Next add the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, granulated sugar, rice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the water, cover, and bring to a boil. Once the rice is done, the soup is ready.