This Creamy Cherry Cheese Dip is a little known delight. It is a recipe rooted in tradition and has been a fun family recipe for many years. Use it to liven up your next party or family gathering!
Fast Easy Snack
Simple barely describes how easy this recipe is to put together. But, it is a real showstopper! You can really make an impression at your next dinner party with this fun appetizer as it is such a vintage recipe, most people have never heard about it. It even looks and tastes like a gourmet recipe. Plus, the serving possibilities are nearly endless.
This Creamy Cherry Cheese Dip is so versatile. My mother prefers hers on crackers as a simple appetizer. You could also use pretzels, celery stalks, bell pepper slices, and artisan bread. I love to use any party leftovers as a topping for my bagel in the morning!
Easy Fruit Dip
Substitutions and Additions
- Try adding almond extract (or your favorite baking extract) for extra wow-factor!
- For best mixing, use whipped cream cheese in place of regular
- The onion can be a little strong at times so try using onion powder. Simply use 1 teaspoon in place of the ¼ onion.
Traditional Recipe Cherry Cheese Dip
How to Dice Maraschino Cherries without Staining Your Fingers
It may seem like a daunting task dicing tiny, squishy, Maraschino cherries, but do not fear.
Rather than have your fingers stained red for a day, use a fork to help you! Simply pierce the cherries with the fork and use a small paring knife to slice the cherries through the tines of the fork. If that is too difficult, just use the fork to hold the cherry and keep moving the fork about to continue dicing the cherry into little bits.
Another method for slicing the cherries in half is to put them between two plastic covers. While holding the covers, run the knife through the cherry.
If worst comes to worst, just use a food processor.
Creamy Cherry Cheese Dip
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 16 Oz Cream Cheese regular or whipped
- ½ Cup Celery Diced
- ¼ Cup Onion Diced or 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ Cup Maraschino Cherries Diced
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ingredients.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature for easier mixing.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are well combined and the cream cheese is no longer white, but instead a light pink color.
- Serve as desired! Enjoy!