This slow cooker beef tips with gravy is a welcomed meal on those cold fall and winter months. However, with the help of the slow cooker, this scrumptious and hearty food can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
Easy Homecooked Meal
You can have a delicious meal on the table in minutes when you get home. Thicken the gravy, make the vegetable side dish and the potato, pasta, or rice too.
Ladle this savory and tender beef with gravy over the top and enjoy the silence as everyone is quiet for a few minutes while they are enjoying their dinner.
I know at our house, when the food is good, it goes a long way to wrap up the day with good thoughts for the whole family. It is our time to talk, share, and laugh together as we enjoy our time together.
When mom can have easy and less stressful meals, we are all happy.
Comforting Tender Slow Cooked Beef
There is nothing quite like the comforting taste of tender slow cooked beef with gravy. With the slow cooker and a few simple ingredients, the result is just lovely.
Spoon the Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy over a mound of creamy mashed potatoes, white or brown rice, or buttered noodles.
Five Ingredient Beef Tips with Gravy
Normally, I would sear the meat and make this recipe from scratch. Time was of the essence today, so I grabbed a few cans of soup and chucked in the beef stew meat that comes already cut in a package at the store. No browning, no special seasonings. Just open, pour, stir, and cook.
Weeknight meals that are delicious and still homemade are just wonderful to come home to.
How to Make Beef Tips in the Slow Cooker
This takes just two cans of soup: cream of mushroom and French onion, a bit of water and beef tips. Add that to the slow cooker. Set it and forget it.
When the beef is tender, they are done.
If you would like a saucy and thick gravy, mix a tablespoon of corn starch or flour with two tablespoons of water. Add that to the beef tip mixture to thicken the gravy. I let this do its magic while I make the mashed potatoes, pasta, or rice and my vegetable side dishes.
Within 30 minutes of coming home, we are enjoying this warm and hearty meal.
I love slow cooker meals and my place for inspiration is the All Free Slow Cooker Recipe site. I have my recipes on here too.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 ¾ Ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 10 ¾ Ounces French Onion Soup
- 5 Ounces Water
- 2 Pounds Beef Tips or Beef Stew Meat
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch or Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- In a slow cooker, add the cream of mushroom soup, French onion soup, and water. Mix the ingredients.
- Add the beef tips and stir to make sure the tips are covered with the liquid ingredients. Cook on low 7 hours or high 5 hours in a slow cooker.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, in a cup, mix the corn starch and water and pour until there are no lumps. Pour this mixture into the beef tip mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Cover and let this continue cooking the last 30 minutes.