Today, we have a recipe that promises to deliver pure indulgence in the form of a Moist Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. These two are a match made in heaven.
Homemade chocolate cake can be just as fast to make as a box cake mix. The little bit of extra effort is worth the result.
Are you ready to embark on a mouthwatering culinary journey that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving for more? Brace yourself for a dessert that will captivate your senses, as you savor each moist, chocolatey bite topped with creamy, dreamy peanut butter frosting.
Join us on this delectable journey as we unveil the secrets to creating a cake so moist and rich, you’ll be transported to dessert heaven. From the careful blending of ingredients to the artful frosting technique, we’ll guide you every step of the way. Get ready to create an easy masterpiece that will impress your loved ones and make today a day worth celebrating.
Indulge in Decadence
Imagine sinking your teeth into a luscious, velvety chocolate cake that melts in your mouth, while the aroma of cocoa envelops your kitchen, enticing you to indulge. As the cake bakes to perfection, it creates an irresistible symphony of flavors and textures that will have you counting down the minutes until it’s ready to devour.
Peanut Butter Frosting
But wait, we haven’t even mentioned the pièce de resistance, the peanut butter frosting. Creamy, smooth, and infused with rich nutty goodness, it complements the chocolate cake in a way that elevates this dessert to the realm of pure bliss. Each swipe of frosting adds an extra layer of decadence, creating a harmonious balance between the deep cocoa notes and the irresistible allure of peanut butter.
Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Icing Recipe
Today is the day to treat yourself, to celebrate the joy that comes with savoring an indulgent dessert that brings comfort and happiness to every bite.
So, gather your ingredients, don your apron, and prepare to embark on a culinary adventure that will reward you with a masterpiece. A Moist Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you with a satisfied smile.
Why you’ll love this chocolate peanut butter cake.
Decadent combination. Indulge in the heavenly pairing of moist chocolate cake and creamy peanut butter frosting that creates an unforgettable flavor experience.
Rich chocolate flavor. The cake’s deep cocoa notes provide a rich, intense chocolate taste that will satisfy your chocolate cravings and leave you wanting more.
Moist and tender texture. This cake recipe yields a moist and tender crumb that melts in your mouth, ensuring each bite is a delightfully soft and flavorful experience.
Creamy peanut butter frosting. The smooth and luscious peanut butter frosting adds a layer of creaminess to the cake, complementing the chocolate perfectly and creating an irresistible combination of flavors.
Sweet and savory balance. The sweetness of the chocolate cake is perfectly balanced by the slight saltiness and nuttiness of the peanut butter frosting, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
Irresistible aroma. As the cake bakes, your kitchen will be filled with the intoxicating aroma of chocolate, creating an atmosphere that’s impossible to resist.
Perfect for special occasions. This cake is a showstopper, making it an ideal choice for birthdays, celebrations, or any occasion where you want to impress your guests with a truly indulgent dessert.
Versatile and customizable. Feel free to add your own personal touch by garnishing the cake with chocolate shavings, chopped peanuts, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate, making it a visually stunning and customizable masterpiece.
Family-friendly favorite. Both chocolate and peanut butter are universally loved flavors, making this cake a hit with kids and adults alike. It’s a dessert that brings people together and creates sweet memories.
With its moistness, rich flavors, and the irresistible combination of chocolate and peanut butter, this cake is sure to leave you with a satisfied smile and a desire for another slice.
So, get ready to fall in love with this delightful Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting, where the luxurious flavors and textures will tantalize your taste buds and make every bite a moment of pure bliss.
Some Container Size Options for Baking this Cake
When it comes to baking the chocolate cake recipe, there are several container size options depending on your preference and the number of servings you’d like to make.
Here are a few common container sizes that work well for this recipe:
9-inch round cake pans. This is the standard size for a two-layer cake recipe like the one provided. It produces a classic, elegant cake with a nice height. It’s ideal for serving around 12 people.
8-inch round cake pans. If you prefer slightly thicker cake layers, using 8-inch pans will yield a slightly smaller but taller cake. It’s suitable for serving approximately 10 people.
13×9-inch rectangular baking pan. If you prefer a single-layer cake, using a rectangular pan is a great option. It creates a larger cake that can be easily cut into squares or rectangles. This size is suitable for serving around 15 to 20 people.
Bundt pan. For a unique and decorative cake presentation, you can use a bundt pan. This will give your chocolate cake a beautiful ring shape. Adjust the baking time accordingly, as bundt cakes may take slightly longer to bake compared to layered cakes.
Cupcakes. For individual servings, make cupcakes. Fill 18 cupcake liners using a 2-oz scoop or ¼ cup of batter per cupcake.
Note, the baking time may vary depending on the size and type of pan you choose. It’s always a good practice to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. When it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, the cake is ready.
Consider your desired portion sizes, the occasion, and the presentation you prefer when selecting the container size for your chocolate cake. Enjoy baking and sharing your delicious creation.
A Few Options on How to Frost the Chocolate Cake
When it comes to frosting the chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, there are various options to consider based on your preference and the desired visual effect. Here are a few popular choices:
Classic Layered Frosting
As the recipe suggests, you can follow the traditional method of frosting each cake layer individually. Place one cake layer on a serving plate, spread a generous amount of peanut butter frosting on top, then place the second layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining frosting. You can smooth the frosting evenly using an offset spatula or a cake scraper for a clean and polished look.
Naked or Semi-Naked Frosting
For a more rustic and minimalistic appearance, you can opt for a naked or semi-naked frosting style. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter frosting between the cake layers and on the sides, leaving some of the cake exposed. This style allows the cake layers to be partially visible, creating a visually appealing contrast between the cake and the frosting.
To add a decorative touch, you can use a piping bag fitted with a star tip or a round tip to create swirls or rosettes on top of the cake. Starting from the outer edge, pipe frosting in a circular motion toward the center. Continue this pattern until the entire surface is covered. This method adds texture and elegance to the cake.
Smooth and Glossy Finish
If you prefer a sleek and glossy finish, you can use a bench scraper or an offset spatula to smooth the frosting on the top and sides of the cake. Start with a thicker layer of frosting, then hold the scraper against the cake and rotate the turntable or plate while gently pressing against the frosting. This technique creates a clean and professional look.
Get creative with decorative accents to enhance the cake’s appearance. Sprinkle chocolate shavings, crushed peanuts, or mini chocolate chips on top of the frosting. You can also drizzle melted chocolate or peanut butter over the cake for an added touch of decadence.
Remember to chill the cake in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes after frosting to allow the frosting to set and create a more stable structure. This will make it easier to slice and serve.
Choose the frosting style that best suits your preferences and the occasion. Don’t be afraid to get creative and personalize the cake’s appearance to make it truly special. Enjoy the process of frosting your chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and savor every delicious bite!
How Long Does Chocolate Cake Last in the Fridge?
When stored properly, a chocolate cake can typically last in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days. It’s important to store the cake in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out and absorbing any odors from other foods in the fridge. Additionally, make sure the cake is cooled completely before refrigerating to avoid condensation.
If you plan to store the cake for a longer period, you can also freeze it. Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container or resealable bag. Frozen chocolate cake can maintain its quality for up to 2 to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Always use your best judgment and check for any signs of spoilage before consuming leftover cake.
Moist Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Cake
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
For the Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk or heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk them together until well combined.2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, 2 Cups Granulated Sugar, 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder, 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda, 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Add the wet ingredients, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed using an electric mixer for about 2 minutes. The batter will be thin.2 Large Eggs, 1 Cup Whole Milk, 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil, 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Reduce the speed to low and carefully pour in the boiling water. Mix until the water is fully incorporated into the batter. The batter will be quite thin, but don't worry, it will result in a moist cake.1 Cup Boiling Water
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Rotate the pans halfway through baking to ensure even baking.
- Once baked, remove the pans from the oven and let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, prepare the peanut butter frosting. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and softened butter until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract to the peanut butter mixture. Beat on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the frosting is fluffy and smooth.1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter, 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, 2 Cups Powdered Sugar, 1/4 Cup Whole Milk, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a generous amount of peanut butter frosting on top. Place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining peanut butter frosting.
- Decorate the cake as desired. You can add chocolate shavings, chopped peanuts, or a drizzle of melted chocolate on top of the cake for extra flair.
- Slice and serve the delicious moist chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting!