Fruity Pebbles Cereal Marshmallow Treats are a fun and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth. These colorful and crunchy treats are a twist on the classic marshmallow cereal bars, but with a fruity twist that will have you coming back for more.
This snack food, Fruity Pebbles Bites, are a popular indulgence throughout the United States.
No matter your age, from kids to adults, this ooey gooey snack is loved by all. Yes, we still love our gooey Rice Krispie Treats, but this colorful and fruity version is a scrumptious variation. Did you know you can make this with Cocoa Krispies Cereal too?
We call these coco pebbles bites. When made with the same marshmallow-y goodness, they also taste terrific. And, you get your chocolate fix taken care of too.
Actually, just about any cereal with delicious flavors works for this recipe. Yes, I have used fruit loops in the past. Just swap out same amount of cereal in the recipe for the one you want to use.
Which one is your favorite cereal?
What Does Fruity Pebbles Taste Like?
Fruity Pebbles have a sweet and intense fruity flavor with a crispy texture. The cereal is made up of multi-colored, crispy rice cereal pieces that are coated in a sweet fruit-flavored powder. It’s like a fruity marshmallow-y flavor explosion. The combination of flavors makes for a delicious and fun breakfast option.
5 Minute Microwave Recipe for On-the-Go.
Whether you need a quick and easy dessert for a party, or just want a sweet snack to enjoy on your own, this recipe is sure to hit the spot. And with only a handful of ingredients, it’s easy to whip up a batch whenever the craving strikes.
Using the microwave for these marshmallow treats is a game changer. It takes about 5 minutes from start to finish for this recipe. We make these all the time for club activities, bake sales, school functions, picnics, potlucks, and just about anything you can imagine where you need a delicious quick snack to pass.
This is our go to recipe. Even if I forgot to make a sweet treat ahead of time. As long as I have the box of cereal and marshmallows in my pantry, I can get home from work, whip up a batch and be back out the door in 5 minutes.
Whenever I walk in with a pan of these bars, everyone seems to have a smile on their face.
Grab and Go Breakfast Food
You can enjoy a bowl of the cereal, but when you need to eat on-the-go, these homemade sweet treats are the way to go.
Actually, when they are sitting on the counter, the whole family enjoys this delicious taste any time of the day. They don’t last long at our house.
Cocoa Pebbles vs Fruity Pebbles
Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles are both popular breakfast cereals produced by Post Consumer Brands. Fruity Pebbles are a colorful, fruit-flavored rice cereal while Cocoa Pebbles are chocolate-flavored rice cereal.
Cocoa Pebbles have a rich and chocolatey flavor that is loved by many chocolate lovers. They have a crispy texture and a sweet taste that can satisfy your cravings for something sweet in the morning.
Fruity Pebbles, on the other hand, have a fruity flavor that is equally delicious. They are a great option for those who prefer a fruity taste over a chocolatey one.
Both cereals have some nutritional value, but they also contain added sugars and artificial flavors. Therefore, they should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced breakfast.
In conclusion, whether you prefer Cocoa Pebbles or Fruity Pebbles comes down to personal taste. They are both delicious and can be a fun addition to your breakfast routine. Just make sure to check the ingredient line information check product packaging.
Are fruity pebbles gluten free?
Fruity Pebbles is a gluten-free cereal that is safe for individuals with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity to consume.
According to the current nutrition facts, the cereal is made from rice and does not contain any wheat, barley, or rye, which are common sources of gluten. However, they do contain artificial flavor enhancers, so if you are sensitive to that, make sure to read the product label.
However, product formulations can change from time to time. Therefore, it is important to always check the ingredients list and packaging to ensure that the product is certified gluten-free and has not been cross-contaminated during the manufacturing process.
Tips on a Successful Recipe for Fruity Pebbles Treats Every Time
- Use mini marshmallows. Larger marshmallows will work, but they take a bit longer to get puffy and melt.
- Add ½ Cup of mini marshmallows toward the end of mixing. If you love the chunks of marshmallows, this is the easiest way to achieve that.
- Line a 9 X 13 baking pan with parchment sprayed with nonstick cooking spray oil. It is really easy to remove the whole pan of snack bars and cut for serving. It is easier to cut into smaller sizes using this method.
- If you can, let cool for 1 hour before cutting into. This gives them a chance to cool down and set.
How to Store Fruity Pebbles Treats?
It is best to store these bars at room temperature. Make sure to keep them in an airtight container or plastic bag. Otherwise, they will begin to dry out and harden. They will last 3 to 4 days.
Did You Know?
Did you know that in 2021, Post Cereal celebrated its 50th birthday with new cereals? Yabba Dabba Doo. Their new cereal is Birthday Cake-Inspired. Just imagine this recipe using the birthday cake flavors.
In fact, while researching this fact, I found out that Post Foods, the maker of the Pebbles Cereals line offers this in six different flavors. You will know when you have the correct box of cereal when you see Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble on the outside of the box. Sometimes, you will find other related characters.
As a child growing up, I spent my time in front of the television after school watching this television show. According to Post Consumer Brands, the cereal was branded around the character pebbles on the iconic television show the Flintstones. She was the daughter of Fred and Wilma. The Rubbles had a son named Bam-Bam. For a time, there was a Dino Pebbles cereal named for the Flintstone’s family pet.
Fruity Pebbles Cereal Marshmallow Treats Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 11 Ounces Fruity Pebbles Cereal 1 Box
- 20 Ounces Marshmallows mini
- Nonstick cooking spray oil
- Prepare a 9 x 13 pan bottom and sides with spray oil or coat with butter before starting to make the recipe. You can also line with parchment paper sprayed with cooking oil. When it is time to cut into serving pieces, just remove from the pan using the paper.
- Use a microwave safe extra-large plastic bowl. Melt the butter for 40 seconds.
- Add the mini marshmallows and stir to coat with the melted butter. Microwave on high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the crispy rice cereal and stir with a large sturdy spoon that has been sprayed with oil. This keeps the melted marshmallows from sticking to it.
- Add the cereal and continue to mix. If you wish, you can add the ½ cup of reserved mini marshmallows at this time. Spoon the cereal mixture into the prepared 13X9 pan.
- Press down with a spoon. Spray the back of the spoon with cooking oil to help prevent sticking.
- Let cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Cut into squares or other shapes.