These cute little wonton taco cups look elegant and fancy without much effort. These mini tacos are a fun twist on taco night.
Perfect Party Appetizer.
Use wonton wrappers instead of taco shells. Bake them in a muffin pan. Finish them off with your favorite fresh taco toppings.
Easy and delicious meal for your family or the perfect appetizer that is a real crowd pleaser.
How to Make Wonton Taco Cups
It just takes a few minutes to cook the ground beef and onions. In a large bowl, mix the hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheese, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
If you have never tried it, make your own taco seasoning. it is so easy and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already. Here is a great recipe for homemade taco seasoning at our sister site.
Place a wonton wrapper in each muffin tin cup. Add the beef mixture and bake.
When the wonton wrapper edges are golden in color and crispy, they are ready to remove from the oven. Add your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
Why Add Cream of Mushroom Soup to the Hamburger Mixture?
We feel that this adds a delicious creaminess to this recipe. Also, when eating the appetizer, the hamburger tends to stick together a bit better. This helps eating the cup a bit less messy.
Can Taco Cups Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, they can. I like the wonton taco shells to be crunchy; therefore, I bake those in the muffin tins ahead of time. Place in an airtight container when cooled.
The ground beef mixture can be made ahead of time. When you are ready to use it, just reheat in the pan or a quicker method is a few minutes in the microwave.
Fill the taco cups with the hot beef mixture and add the toppings.
A delicious appetizer that is ready in minutes. This lets you enjoy more time with your guests and have a stress-free gathering.
Mini Taco Bar for a Party
Sometimes, I serve the baked wonton cups without any toppings so that the guests can add their own.
Have lots of finely diced and shredded mini toppings for them to add to their taco cup. A few variations of hot sauce works well too so I have a range from mild to hot sauce to please everyone’s taste buds.
Here are a few ideas on the toppings I place out for the mini taco bar.
- Red onions
- Green onions
- Pepper Jack shredded cheese
- Colby Jack shredded cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Refried beans
- Fresh Lime wedges
- Pico de Gallo
Mini Taco Bites for Dinner or a Crowd
Perfect recipe for an easy weeknight meal or a party.
Appetizers built for gameday, birthday parties, and holidays too.
These little mini tacos are fun to eat at a party as people love tacos, but they can be a bit messy. These bite-sized gems are a bit easier to eat and just as scrumptious.
Wonton Taco Cups
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef I use 90% lean
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Ounce Taco Seasoning
- 10 ½ Ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Tomatoes Diced
- ¼ Cup Lettuce Shredded
- ¼ Cup Hot Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a skillet, add the ground beef. As the beef is cooking, make sure to break it up into small pieces.
- When the beef if almost done cooking, add the diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the taco seasoning, salt, pepper, shredded cheese, and cream of mushroom soup to a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked beef and onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Place one wonton wrapper into the bottom of each muffin cup. This makes approximately 24 cups. You can spray each cup with a bit of cooking spray if you think they might stick. However, I have not had a problem with the wonton wrappers sticking at all.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the wonton wrapper filling each approximately half full. About 1 heaping tablespoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are browned and cheese is melted.
- Top each taco cup with a small dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of lettuce, tomatoes, and hot sauce if desired.