Today I made this chicken bacon alfredo pizza in a sheet pan. It is a simple homemade recipe that is a perfect meal the whole family will eat. Even the fussy eaters. Even better, it is an easy recipe.
Homemade Pizza Dough or Refrigerated Pizza Dough
I think that making a pizza with just the right kind of toppings for each person is what makes homemade pizza just a bit better than making a frozen pizza. If you choose to make your own dough, I have a no-fail pizza dough recipe.
However, I have often used the pizza dough that you can just pop out of a package and simply form it to the sheet pan. Once the pizza dough has been formed and is in the pan, I do like to give it a pre-bake for about 10 minutes. I feel that this gives me a crispier crust.
Sheet Pan Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Sheet Pan Chicken Alfredo Pizza is an unassuming recipe. Take a pizza dough and top it with a alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, bacon and Mozzarella cheese and you end up with an amazing flavor combination.
This easy pizza recipe is packed full of addictive flavor!
Our family loves our homemade pizza. While we do have frozen pizza in our freezer for those days when we are all too tired to make something, we do love our homemade pizza. There is just something about adding your own toppings and adding just the right amount of sauce.
The only problem is that it is hard for us all to agree on the toppings. Therefore, I have more pizza dough ready to go and lots of topping choices for everyone to have their pizza their way.
This chicken bacon alfredo pizza is one that we all enjoy eating.
I have large 16-inch round pizza tins and I use the half sheet pans to make pizzas at our house. However, here is a top when cutting the pizza in the container.
Pizza Tips for Success
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet (cookie sheet or pizza pan) with about 1 teaspoon olive oil or spray oil. Unroll refrigerated pizza dough and spread across pan. Or use homemade pizza dough. Pre-bake crust for about 8-10 minutes.
Dice chicken breast into bite size pieces. Fry in remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble or cut to bite size pieces.
Too many toppings can cause the crust to be under-cooked. Therefore, I recommend about 2 cups of toppings for a sheet pan pizza.
Making the Homemade Alfredo Sauce
This recipe can be made with about a cup of sauce from a jar of alfredo sauce.
However, it is super quick to make your own too. It is an exceptionally good tasting sauce and is worth the little bit of extra time it takes to make this creamy, cheesy, sauce.
Use a kitchen shears to cut the pizza into pieces. I do this when using my sheet pans because if I use a pizza cutter or knife, it will mark up my pans and sometimes leave marks and gouges. This way, the pizza gets cut and my pan stays unblemished.
Reheating Pizza to Get a Crispy Crust
Stovetop Method: To reheat pizza, I have used my cast iron and a non-stick skillet; they both work. Just preheat over medium-high heat add a few slices of pizza and cover. The toppings will get delicious and gooey, while the crust will crisp nicely again.
Oven Method: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the pizza to the pan or a baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melty.
Microwave Method: If you are in a hurry and are not concerned with a soggy crust, then this method might be for you. Just place it on a microwave-safe plate, cover and cook on high for 50-70 seconds. It will be hot, but in my opinion, not nearly as good as the stovetop or oven reheating methods.
I put mine in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 5 days. Then just follow the reheating directions for enjoying this meal a second time.
Can You Freeze Homemade Pizza?
Yes, you can. Just cover in plastic wrap securely. I like to cover mine a few times to make sure. Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to make, reheat the pizza from the frozen state preferably using the oven method.
Remove the plastic wrap and place the pizza on the baking pan and bake until heated through. Usually at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 package Pizza Dough Make your own or purchased refrigerated dough
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Cooked and cut in bite size pieces
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 4 slices Bacon Cooked and cut in bite size pieces
- ½ Cup Red Onion sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet (cookie sheet or pizza pan) with about 1 teaspoon olive oil or spray oil. Unroll refrigerated pizza dough and spread across pan. Or use homemade pizza dough. Pre-bake crust for about 8-10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute whisking constantly. Add the garlic and onion powder. Continue whisking and pour in the heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese and season with a dash of pepper. Continue to stir until cheese has fully melted.
- Dice chicken breast into bite size pieces. Fry in remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble or cut to bite size pieces.
- Spread alfredo sauce over pre-baked crust. Sprinkle garlic over sauce, if desired.
- Sprinkle garlic over sauce, if desired. Evenly spread chicken and bacon over sauce. Top with cheese, and then the sliced red onions.
- Put pizza back in oven and bake 15 minutes, until cheese starts to brown. Remove from oven and cool a few minutes before slicing and serving. When serving, add salt & pepper to taste.